Tickets for the party are on sale at Gilt City are $39 and include a book signing by Kelly and healthy cocktails and lite bites inspired by recipes featured in her lifestyle guide for a fit, healthy and hot body (tips from the book can be found at the end of this release).
As a model, sportswoman, mother and reality TV star for three seasons of The Real Housewives of New York City, Kelly has tried it all when it comes to nutrition, dieting and her body. On the eve of turning 40, she knew she had to figure out how and what to eat to keep her body beautiful, and she soon discovered that eating--really eating—is the key. I Can Make You Hot! collects the diet and nutrition secrets she has researched and tested over the years and uses herself to maintain a healthy physique while still enjoying the foods and drinks she loves.
TIPS FROM I CAN MAKE YOU HOT! BY KELLY KILLOREN BENSIMON
The Kelly Green Diet to get back on track after overindulging:
· 2 green juices in the morning (blend 8 fresh chopped mint leaves, 4 fresh chopped lemon balm or parsley leaves, 3 chopped kale leaves, 1 cup chopped broccoli, 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lime juice, ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice, 1 cup water)
· a KKBfit lunch including protein, vegetables and carbs with 1 green juice
· a KKBfit dinner including protein and vegetables
· drink water with lemon juice between meals
Kelly’s 3-Day Supermodel Diet:
· Cut out oils, alcohol, sugar, nuts, salt and caffeine
· Eat 2 oranges or a green juice for breakfast
· For lunch, have brown rice or grain without sauce, with chicken and vegetables
· For dinner, have steak, chicken or shrimp with steamed spinach and a squeeze of lemon juice
· Drink a glass of water with lemon juice right after dinner
· Do 20 minutes of light restorative exercise—biking, walking, yoga, Pilates—every day
· Get at least 8 hours of sleep a night
Four Foods to Avoid at the Super Market:
· Most commercial cereals—too much sugar
· Most soups—too much sodium
· Packaged breads and rolls, except for pitas
· Chips, except for kale chips and pita chips
Kelly’s Favorite Fast (Not Fat) Go-To Foods:
· Steamed Broccoli
· Steamed Spinach
1. Exercise every day for at least 20 minutes. No excuses.
2. Make healthy food choices and eat well six days a week.
3. Make Sunday your Funday and eat whatever you want. If you’ve been making good choices and moving your body the other six days, you get to “fall off the wagon” once a week.
· Soy Milk
· Goji Berries
· Grapeseed Oil
· Whole Grains
Kelly’s Tips for Feeling Full Faster:
· Drink warm liquid at the beginning of a meal (try miso soup)
· Eat a salad before a meal
· Eat water-rich fruits like watermelon, pineapple and apples
· Drink water throughout the day, not all at once
· After dinner, drink a glass of water with squeezed lemon or lime or a slice of cucumber to aid digestion.