Attendees are encouraged to arrive early and enjoy the festive ballpark atmosphere. Beginning at 5 p.m., the special pregame entertainment will include:
· Stage-fighting demonstrations led by Don Giovanni fight master Robb Hunter
· Flamenco-dancing performances by Furia Flamenca, led by Estella Velez de Paredez
· For the first time, the Kennedy Center’s MyTix program (for people ages 18 -30 and members of the U.S. military) will partner with the online magazine and event producer Brightest Young Things for The Fly Ball, a free pre-simulcast party in the ballpark’s exclusive Stars & Stripes Club starting at 5 p.m. The event will include great prizes, a ballpark photo booth, concessions, a DJ, and a prime spot to enjoy the simulcast from the covered seating on the Club level. This party is recommended for guests ages 18-30. More information on The Fly Ball is at OperaintheOutfield.org.
· A meet-and-greet with the Chief Chocolate Officer (CCO) of M&M’S®, Miss Brown
· A screening of the Warner Bros. cartoon “What’s Opera Doc?” starring Bugs Bunny. With a libretto set to Wagner’s iconic “Ride of the Valkyries,” this parody of opera is best known for Elmer Fudd’s proclamation “Kill the wabbit!”
· Chances to win prizes, including a VIP suite at Nationals Park for the next Opera in the Outfield, tickets to Kennedy Center performances, a year’s supply of M&M’S® candy, and more.
Registration for the FREE M&M’S® Opera in the Outfield simulcast at Nationals Park begins today at OperaintheOutfield.org. Attendees who register in advance will be entered to win a Night at the Kennedy Center, including drinks, dinner, and premium tickets to the opening night of WNO’s Show Boat. (Registration is encouraged but not required for admission into Nationals Park; walk-ins are welcome.)
For more information, visit: www.OperaintheOutfield.org.