When zucchini and squash only costs 2lbs for $1... it's hard to say no. I made my own version of french fries - except I used zucchini and I didn't fry them.
For this reciepe I used three green zukes and two yellow squash.
1.5 tsp garlic powder
liberal use of Adobo All Purpose Seasoning (con pimienta)
salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/8 cup parmesean chees
1. cut zukes & squash in half & then quarter. place in large bowl.
2. toss veggies in olive oil, garlic powder, Adobo seasoning, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup of panko bread crumbs.
3. lay veggies out on ungreased cookie sheet. skins down.
4. mix remaining panko crumbs and parmesean cheese in small bowl, sprinkle mixture on top of veggies.
5. bake in oven at 400 for 12-15 minutes.
6. once they look like they are starting to turn golden brown, set oven to broil and keep an eye on them until they start to get crispy (about 4-6 minutes).